The Daisy Label is proud to announce a comprehensive 30-year career-spanning box set by inimitable Irish music icon Sharon Shannon, arriving this October. The release is to be called “NOW & THEN”., Sharon has also enjoyed a diverse range of successful collaborations with legends, including The Waterboys, Christy Moore, Sinéad O’Connor, Kirsty MacColl, U2’s Adam Clayton, Jackson Browne, Steve Earle, John Prine, Liam Ó Maonlaí, Dónal Lunny, Imelda May, Shane MacGowan, reggae dub poet Linton Kwesi Johnson, and many others.
Speaking about the release, Sharon commented, “I absolutely love being in the recording studio making new albums. I just love hearing brand new music coming to life, and it’s one of the things that l love doing most in my life, and I hope to keep doing it for many more years to come.
Putting together this box set was a mammoth task. It started off with the recording of a brand new album which is called ‘Now’. I’m really, really proud of it, and I can’t wait for people to hear it. Apart from the new album, I hadn’t heard any of the rest of the albums for years and years, so I enjoyed listening to them all again, and of course, each one brought up lots of great memories of recording and touring the various albums with various different band line ups.
The book of photographs was also a great and very, very long trip down memory lane. With help from my friend Daithi Turner, I traipsed through over 36,000 digital photos, plus multiple boxes and bin bags full of physical photos that I have at my home in Galway and my family have at home in Co. Clare.
I can’t wait to see the final production, and I’m really excited about it.”
The stunning collection of Sharon’s work since her debut album release in 1991 includes a 7″ vinyl version of The Galway Girl featuring Mundy, which has been remixed by rising DJ/producer Jen Payne just as the original surpasses 20 million Spotify streams. The set also features 12 of Sharon’s studio albums on reformatted digisleeve CDs, a career journey coffee table photo book over 100 pages, Sharon’s renowned debut LP with remastered audio on bespoke coloured vinyl, and finally, a brand new album called “NOW!” (also on coloured vinyl) including a recent collaboration with The Scratch called “The Diddley Doo”.
A strictly limited edition (100 box sets) that are numbered and signed are available on a first come, first served basis.
“NOW & THEN” BOX SET is released Friday, 27th October 2023.
The box set and a signed limited edition version can now be pre-ordered exclusively from CelticNote.com.
Now & Then Limited Box Set: https://www.celticnote.com/merch/sharonboxsetlimited
FULL BOX CONTENTS (12xCD / 2xLP / 1×7″ / 1xBook)
- “Now!” – New Studio Album – Bespoke Code-Red Coloured LP on 140gsm Vinyl
- “Sharon Shannon” – Debut Album – Bespoke Fern-Green Coloured LP on 140gsm Vinyl – 2023 Remastered Audio
- “The Galway Girl feat. Mundy (2023 Jen Payne Remix)” – Bespoke Medal-Silver Coloured 7″ Single on 140gsm Vinyl – includes original 2008 Mundy vocal version
- “Now & Then: A Photographic Journey” – Exclusive Hardback Book with archive photos personally selected and captioned by the artist, over 100 pages
- 12 x studio albums in digisleeve format
- Now! – *2023 new studio album includes The Diddley Doo feat. The Scratch
- Sharon Shannon – *Debut album 2023 Remaster
- Out The Gap
- Each Little Thing
- The Diamond Mountain Sessions
- Saints & Scoundrels
- Flying Circus
- A Thing Called Love: Songs For Leo
- The Reckoning
Limited Edition Box Set includes:
- Guaranteed maximum run of 100 units
- Hand-signed by Sharon Shannon
- Hand-numbered by Sharon Shannon
- “Now!” – New Studio Album – Exclusive Transparent Atomic-Red Coloured LP on 140gsm Vinyl
- “Sharon Shannon” – Debut Album – Exclusive Marbled Smoke-Green Coloured LP on 140gsm Vinyl – 2023 Remastered Audio
- “The Galway Girl feat. Mundy (2023 Jen Payne Remix)” – Exclusive Crystal Clear 7″ Single on 140gsm Vinyl – includes original 2008 Mundy vocal version.
Sharon Shannon Online